Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An Ode To Grant Morrison

Today I bought my first ever Superman title I have never realy liked Superman (from the TV shows he featurs in) and so have this far decided against buying Superman comic books but today I bought All Star Superman no. 1 + 2.

'Why did I buy it' I hear you scream. Well the answer is as followed everything I hear about this book is good and also I love Grant Morrison.

The book blew me away it was much better than i had expected. The story was not continuity driven, the characters were acting like they should; it was good old comic book fun and because it wasnt trying to be a super realistic gritty title you can forgive and even find endearing lines like "You're now pushing against the equivalent of 200 quintillion tons, Superman."

The art in this book brings that feeling of nice comic book fun that it needs. I love how Frank Quitely has captured the feel of this book.

Towser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home