Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Watchman, Novels and Iron Man

I have, as regular readers are aware (so that means me), been on holiday now for two weeks (and if I didn't writ this blog I would still be aware of this fact). So for the last two weeks I have been finding the time to do stuff I have no time for when at uni.
1. It all started with Watchmen.
The day after my last exam I got up in the morning had breakfast, opened the door outside and sat reading watchmen until the only thing I could do was read watchmen as my eyes couldn't focus on anything else. This was a good day and I found rather unsurprisingly that Watchmen is still a good book not changing since the last time I read it, though now I perhaps appreciate it more. Certainly this is one of if not my favorite book of all time.

2. Stop the press, 'Iron Man OK' says Towser.


So yeah Iron Man, one of my most anticipated films of the year, was alright. I liked Downy Jr. and I enjoyed the action scenes but it also wasn't as good as I was hoping. I got really excited about some things in it like S.H.I.E.L.D. and SLJ as Nick Fury, and so therefore the prospect of having a Marvel movie-verse. Also the film has produced some pretty good action figures, not great but good for standard movie toys.

3. Novels.

I have started reading for fun again, I like reading books and so like to read as much as possible, but I just don't have time throughout the year, so I usually don't get a chance until I am on holiday with my family and I only have to worry about whether to go swimming in the pool or not. This year however I got a head start and have started reading and now finished two Nick Hornby novels; A Long Way Down and High Fidelity. Both were fantastic. I have noticed that I have made the transition from guy who only reads one book over two semesters to guy who reads every where; at bus stop, on bus, in queue at Starbucks, at work when on break. Now I know none of this sounds that extraordinary because every one else does it, but that is just my point that was every one else not me, never me and I like the change.



Towser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home