Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Battle Struggles Forward

I have noticed that recently I have started to deminish my posting. I have no intention of giving up my posting but I have recently been up to my eyes in work; namely an economics dissertation. So I feel that I should you the reader a little sneak peak at what is coming up.

  • The Scooby Gang Vol 3
  • The Chronicals of Archer
  • The Many Characters of Towser's Past 2 - A Five Day Spectacular
  • Un-named stop motion project
  • An insite into my creative side

Right well on with the show.

I love comic books, I read lots of books every month, I buy monthly books, I buy trade paperbacks, the lot I love comic books. Yet my whol comic book nerdom has untill this point been a farse. The majority of the books I have read have been that of the Super Hero genre. Nothing wrong with that I hear you shout and indeed this is not a damning od that particular genre. No comic books are like movies they are a form of art that has many different styles Super Heros are just one style of comic books. One may enjoy the cinema if all he watched were action films but this would lead to an ignorance on the veiwers part in that he does not enjoy the other aspects of a very broad base of genres.

I have of coarse read the likes of Watchmen, The Leauge of Extaodinary Gentlemen and Sin City but hasn't everyone. No I am ignorent to the likes of Fables, 100 Bullets, Y the Last Man and possibly worst of all Sandman. The only Vertigo book that I have read is WE3 purely because it was written by Grant Morrison (Who by the way is doing a fantastic job on All Star Superman and is just about to take on the Batman. Oh god, Morrison on both Batman and Superman at the same time this is my personal heaven.) WE3 was a fantastic book I loved the art and I loved the writing. The only thing about it is that it has something slightly creepy about the whole pet assasin thing it has going.

I vow to right my wrongs I shall be buying the first volumes of Fables, 100 Bullets Sandman and The Losers this weekend if I get the cash.

I leave you with a little cartoon that you will only understand if you have read WE3.

Thank You and Good Night

Towser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home