Thursday, April 27, 2006

2nd To None a One Month Later Specal

2nd To None

-or-

Why Kids TV Of Old Was Better For You Soul 2

As soon as I had published my last "Why Kids TV Of Old Was Better For You Soul" I started reminising about all the other great shows of my past, yes the main shows were included in the last edidion but that shouldn't take anything away from these shows so sit back and enjoy.

The Rugrats
It would appear that I have always been obbsesed with the past because when I had reached the ripe old age of six I began to watch a show about babies. Ok so I didn't watch Rugrats wishing that I could still crap my self, it may have been because it was a funny show but I like the idea of a six year old reminissing about being one/two years old. My favorite toy for years was my Chucky doll made with a soft body and a plastic head. The Rugrats was also the show that introduced me to the medium of comic books, wow that started alot.

The Mask

When I was a kid Jim Carey was still doing crazy comedy; Dumb and Dumber, Ace Vanture and of course The Mask. The Mask was a great movie that spun off a great TV series although I believe it wasn't received very well, fuck it I enjoyed it. The Mask took on more of a super hero like persona. This is one of those shows that I remember fondly but would hate if I watched it today.

Clarissa Explains It All
Ok and so on to the show that probably suggested somthing about my sexuality, Clarissa Explains It All. Well you can be safe in the knowlege that I didn't watch it for the relationship trouble but for the reason that I had a huge crush on Clarissa, Mellisa Joan Heart, oh the frail heart of a seven year old. You have to love the 90's fashion, mmm dungaries.

Batman The Animated Series
My taste wasn't all bad when I was a kid, no I infact watched one of the most critacly aclaimed peices of animation Batman TAS. This was my true introduction to the world of super hero comics as it got me involved with all of the Batman characters and told the Batman tales as they were in the comics.

Pokemon
Everyone loved Pokemon. I however loved first, a couple of my friends and I imported Pokemon (the games) from America way before anyone else played it. And so throught this line of thought I liked it in a much more realistic way and not just a lets-jump-on-a-band-wagon way like everybody else. When the TV show came around that was just the icing on the cake. My favorite pokemon was Squirtle.

The Simpsons
I also watched The Simpsons before it was cool to do so but that is by the by. I loved the Simpsons, it was so brilliantly written every joke was funny and they stood up to endless repeats. There are still lots and lots of episodes of the Simpsons that I will watch and rewatch and will laugh for ages. Notice I have been using the past tense when prasing the Simpsons, but we will come to that in Why Kids TV Of Old Was Better For You Soul 3.

Live and Kicking
Live and Kicking was the show case for alot of the above shows and was entertaining in its own right. Not much I can say for this.

Disney
The Lion King and Aladdin were the best Disney movies of the ninties and they both spun TV shows that I loved as a kid. Aladdin TAS was just a straight continuation of the adventures from the first two Aladdin movies, and was just as much fun. Timone and Pumba riding off the success of the Lion King got there own cartoon show. the show was timone and pumba getting into all sorts of hilarious situations all over the world not just in the Lion King setting.


Towser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home